Living A Simplified Life!


Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year and Resolutions

Most people will agree that that past year has been a “humdinger” of a year and are very thankful it is over!  Some things have happened too many of us, which have been out of our control, such as the downturn in the economy, the loss of a job or a loved one.

As we approach the New Year, each of us will be making resolutions, either actually writing them down or verbalizing them. It is a proven fact that those of us who write them down and do not make too many of them, have a much better chance of seeing those resolutions fulfilled. If you write it down, keep your list out where you can see it often and not tucked away in a drawer!

If necessary, make a goals board with pictures on it showing the things you want to obtain this next year. Whether it is getting better organized, losing weight, a better job, going on a vacation or finding inner peace.

It is time to set the wheels in motion to take control of the things that we can have control over.
Decide what your goal is and then make a written plan on how you are going to reach that goal.

Once again, I am going to attempt gardening! As you all know, if you have followed my blog for any time now, I have been a dismal failure in this attempt two years running. This coming year, we are going to plant in pots rather than in the ground!

My other goal is to make sure that I post on all three of my blogs on a regular basis so that I am able to increase my readership. I am going to set aside a certain amount of time on given days to do my writing. Approach it as if it is a job rather than just a hobby. There are all kinds of things to write about, I just keep pushing it all to the back of the line and I am not going to do that any more.

Now that you know what my resolutions are for the coming year, I hope you will make some of your own.

May you be blessed this coming year with good health, a good job and unlimited happiness in both your personal and professional lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know how you enjoyed your visit and express any specific topics that you might like to discuss.