Living A Simplified Life!


Friday, August 20, 2010

Getting Ready for Christmas

I know, here it is 105 degrees out there and I am thinking sleigh bells and snow along with Christmas gifts.
But as you know, many of us with the best of intentions of making homemade gifts don't always start our lists or our creations as early as we should in order to have them all done, wrapped and ready to go under the Christmas tree.

Some of us are lucky enough to know how to crochet beautiful items and then there are those who are like me, can only make granny squares for afghans.  A friend of mine forwarded this website to me and I just had to share it with you, especially if you have little girls or granddaughters who would appreciate some darling handmade crocheted clothes for their dolls.

The website is called ThreadsnStitches.com and is owned by Deanne Eckert. She has some darling items to offer and for those of you who are talented enough, you can also get a free pattern by logging into her website,





I fell in love with the little girls in her logo and the darling outfits they are wearing.  She has given me permission to share them with you.  You can actually click on the logo and it will take you to her website.  If you decide to go, be sure to come back here often for more gift ideas because I am going to start putting some up between now and Christmas so you can be ready.

In the meantime, try to stay cool in our blazing summer heat..... think about jingle bells and snow flakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know how you enjoyed your visit and express any specific topics that you might like to discuss.