Living A Simplified Life!


Sunday, December 20, 2009

Getting Ready For The Holidays





Like most everyone else, my house has been a flurry of activity, getting ready for the holidays. At least I finally have some decorations up around the house and the wreath on the front door and the porch post trimmed with a pine garland and some ornaments!

Do I have gifts wrapped yet? Nope not a one!  I am in the process of still making many of my handmade gifts for this year. Luckily most of it will be done in the kitchen, in the form of cookies and candy which will hopefully go quickly.

I do have one tradition, where each year I give my grandchildren their own ornament to go on the tree. Some years they are purchased ornaments and other times they are handmade ones. Hopefully they will be taken care of and when they are grown up and ready to leave home and do a tree of their own, their parents will give them the ornaments that their Grandma has given them over the years. I am hoping that this will be a way for them to remember me long after I am gone.

This year, I am taking purchased ornaments and I am going to personalize them by doing their names on them in a monogram design with the year beneath it.

Besides a new granddaughter added this past month, I also now have a great grandson born just yesterday. Guess Grandma better hurry up and get busy, only a few more days and it will be Christmas Eve!

Wishing each and every one of you a blessed and safe holiday.
Merry Christmas everyone!


1 comment:

  1. I've been baking up most of my Christmas gifts the last couple of days too - I almost can't remember what the world outside of my kitchen looks like! Congratulations on your new grand- and great-granbabies! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know how you enjoyed your visit and express any specific topics that you might like to discuss.